Thursday, April 5, 2012


The Brotherhood's Rosary
(An optional private devotion)
1. The Nicene Creed (* marks an article of the creed)
*I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of Heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible;
*And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Only-begotten, Begotten of the Father before all worlds, Light of Light, Very God of Very God, Begotten, not made; of one essence with the Father, by Whom all things were made:
*Who for us men and for our salvation came down from Heaven, and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, and was made man;
*And was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate, and suffered and was buried;
*And the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures;
*And ascended into Heaven, and sits at the right hand of the Father;
*And He shall come again with glory to judge the living and the dead, Whose Kingdom shall have no end.
*And I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, and Giver of Life, Who proceeds from the Father, Who with the (+) Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified, Who spoke by the prophets;
*And I believe in One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.
*I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins.
*I look for the resurrection of the dead,
*And the life of the world to come. Amen.
2. Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God. The Lord is One. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your might. And you shall love your neighbor as yourself.
3. In the name of the Father who is the Father of Light and the giver of all good gifts. Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, Holy One, Have Mercy Upon Us. 4. In the name of the Son who is my Redeemer and the source of my salvation. Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, Holy One, Have Mercy Upon Us.
5. In the name of the Holy Spirit who is my comforter and guide. Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, Holy One, Have Mercy Upon Us.
6. Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your great mercy; according to the multitude of Your tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin! For I know my transgressions and my sin is ever before me. Against You, You only, have I sinned and done that which is evil in Your sight, so that You are justified in Your sentence and blameless in Your judgement. Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity and in sins did my mother conceive me. Behold, You desire truth in the inward being; therefore teach me wisdom in my secret heart. Purge me with hyssop and I shall be clean; wash me and I shall be whiter than snow. Fill me with joy and gladness; let the bones which You have broken rejoice. Hide Your Face from my sins and blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me. Cast me not away from Your presence and take not Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and uphold me with a willing spirit. Then I will teach transgressors Your ways and sinners will return to You. Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation, and my tongue will sing aloud of Your deliverance. Lord, open my lips and my mouth shall show forth Your praise. For You have no delight in sacrifice; were I to give a burnt offering, You would not be pleased. The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, You will not despise. Do good to Zion in Your good pleasure; rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. Then You will delight in a sacrifice of righteousness, in burnt offerings and whole burnt offerings: then bulls will be offered on Your Altar.
The Crest: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in darkness; and the darkness comprehends it not. He is the true Light, which lighteth every man that comes into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came to his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
7 16. Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women. And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Son of Mary, Son of the living God, have mercy on us, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.
17. We set the keeping of Christ about us. We beseech the guarding of God with us to possess us and protect us. May the Gospel of Christ, King of salvation, be as a mantle to our bodies. Amen.
18 27. Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women. And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Son of David, Son of the living God, have mercy on us, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
28. May the Cross of Christ be between us and all ill will, encompassing us in His might and shielding us from every harm, from every specter, from every evil. Amen. 29 38. Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Son of Mary, Son of the Living God, have mercy on us, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
39. Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed by thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever and ever. Amen.

40 49. Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Son of Mary, Son of the Living God, have mercy on us, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
50. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and shall be forever, world without end. Amen.
51 60. Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Son of Mary, Son of the Living God, have mercy on us, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
The Crest: Prayer for others.
61. Abba Father, we adore Thee. 62. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, Have mercy on us.
63. Lord Jesus Christ Son of the Living God, Have Mercy on Us.
64. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, Grant us Thy Peace.
65. I adore thee, O Christ, and I bless thee, because by thy holy Cross thou hast redeemed the world. Amen.
66. I bind unto myself this day, the Name, the Strong Name of the Trinity, by invocation of the same. In the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. The Three in One, The One in Three by whom all nature has creation, Eternal Father, Spirit, Word   Praise to the Lord of my Salvation. My Salvation is in Christ the Lord. Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment